Friday, December 21, 2007

It's Complicated...

I'm experiencing another one of those emotional and nostalgic moments where I think I have something to blog about, but it turns out to be much more complicated to put into words than it is in feeling... This week has been an extremely exauhsting, yet productive one. While businesses are all going positively, it seems that personal life manages to make up for the instability that must be present at all times - I assume for our growth and development.

My mind was left to wonder about times past and the associations that I have made in recent years. Why do the majority of friendships last such little time? You'd think that if we are only on earth for a moment, it would be much more beneficial and helpful for us if we kept every friend that we used our energy and time to gain.

The truth is I suppose that priorities change and it becomes more difficult to focus on the "neccessities of life" and simulatneously spread ones attention indefinately to all directions. The best people are those who can make everyone feel as though they are worth something special.

3 comments:

  1. Is this your way of telling me you don't want to be my friend anymore? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought that many times! Why can't we keep those we have forged friendships with forever? And then I realized that some people will come into our lives for the eternities - our loved ones and friends. And then others are only needed for a small moment. We will always love them but just not need them in such intense ways. But thanks for the chance to get a little philosophical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it took a lot of energy and time to become friends with me, but be assured, it will last more than a moment! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete