Thursday, December 13, 2007

Moving Day

Well... I guess it's 'packing' day. Moving Day is on Tuesday. But... we have to have EVERYTHING boxed up Monday evening for the movers to start at 9am on Tuesday. And... with my job, you have to take every spare minute (or hour) that you can. Who knows what will happen over the weekend! (Which is why I'm not sure why I decided to sit down and blog).
Our team is moving to a new office building with 5 other teams, and, we're not very excited. Not very excited to move, (or pack). Almost all of us live closer to our office now, and I'm going to actually have to get on the freeway to get to work, which I hate. It's not a horribly bad time of the morning to go downtown, but I just hate using the freeways when there's an accident. Oh well, there's not much we can to about it.
I hate moving. Since my adult life (college) I've moved 10 times (it's 15 or 16 if you count my mission). I like going through things and trying to simplify (aka throw stuff away -hint, hint, Justin), but I HATE packing and moving. Not to mention, this is usually a pretty stressful time of year at work. We have kids that 'freak-out' during the holidays, many go into shelter for various reasons, we have fewer days to do the same amount of work, and getting anywhere (for visits and appointments) takes twice as long because of all you last minute shoppers!

Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

  1. I hate packing; which is weird because I love boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I love you, Bryon! And I don't like packing or boxes or "boxes". And just I have just one line of defense for us last-minute shoppers...we don't all have jobs where we pick our own hours and not all of our giftees have long, obvious wishlists! Give the crazy busy a break! It's either shopping in July or last-minute...and I have a rule banning me from thinking of Christmas until at least after Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey... I don't 'pick my own hours', 90% of my shopping was done online... which may or may not been done at work (at least he majority of it), AND... I'M the one with the wishlist... no one else helped me out!

    In other news... LOVED the comment, Bryon.

    ReplyDelete