Wednesday, December 19, 2007

What's worse than packing?

I figured out what's worse than packing before your move. Getting to the new place, and it's not ready for you.
They were still painting and finishing the wiring when the movers got there yesterday. I ended up not even going in yesterday, and when I got there today it wasn't much better. My poor supervisor leaned up against a wall that the painters had just touched up (and didn't leave any sign of warning) and got paint all over her pants and jacket.
It reminded me (although not nearly as bad) when my family remodeled our kitchen and had to live in a partially working house for a couple of weeks. We don't have to do dishes in the bathtub or use a flashlight to go to the bathroom, but it's still terribly inconvenient and difficult to get any real work done.
Maybe tomorrow I'll have a phone in my office.

1 comment: