Thursday, January 17, 2008

How to appeal to women shoppers

Have you been to DSW?

I'm not a HUGE shoe girl (mostly because I like nice shoes, and can't afford a lot of them) but I could always use another pair (or 2 or 3).

Some stores just really know how to (1) appeal to women, and (2) have a sale.

I hate going into stores claiming that they're having a huge clearance sale only to find it's one or two racks in the back and all of the good stuff is still full price.

Not the case at DSW. I've never bought a pair (except for one for Justin) that wasn't in the clearance room (yes, it's a room) and today I went in looking for a new pair of tennis shoes.

Oh boy!

Here's how they appeal to women...

Right on the receipt it shoes you how much you saved on the 'compare price' and the 'clearance' discount. I tried calling Justin after my trip today, and didn't quite the reaction I was looking for.

Me: So.... guess HOW much I saved at the store?
Him: How much did you spend?
Me: No... guess how much I SAVED at the shoe store.
Him: $50.
Me: Nope... (smile) higher
Him: $200
Me: (sound of the air leaving my voice) well... you could have at least worked up to it. I'm going to hang up now and call a girl.

I called my old roommate Yvette and got JUST the reaction I was hoping for.

So... instead of going to a sports store and spending $70 or more for a pair of Adidas cross training shoes, I went there and got all of this...

Teva sandles
Original Price: $21.94
My price: $3.07








Mion sandle/water shoe
Orignal Price: $39.94
My price: $8.39




kelly & katie flat
Original price: $29.00
My price: $12.18

Aidas Running
Original Price: $69.94
My price: $29.37
Yeah! Who wouldn't like spending $50 and having it printed on your receipt "YOUR SAVINGS 172.94"

4 comments:

  1. That is sweet, I need some new running shoes. Maybe I'll go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome! I'm pissed now that I didn't go there on my lunch break today--there's one right near my work in downtown Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great savings, I want some new shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! My old roommate is getting me totally addicted to shoes. I've bought 6 pair (5 of them heels) in the past week. I don't think one pair was on sale...wait one was, from like 49.99 to 39.99 What a deal!! Anyway, maybe I should start shoe shopping with you and not her. Shoes are so fun though! I was gonna blog about mine, but then I got kinda depressed when I added up all the totals. :(

    ReplyDelete