Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Updates

The other day my sister called me and said we needed to work on our communication. Sometimes we'll go a couple of weeks with only communicating via blogs, and then when you finally see each other, you feel like you've already told them everything.

I was just thinking today that I'm pretty good about blogging when things HAPPEN... but not so good at following up... so here goes.

My car is no longer making the loud noise. I left it there for a few days (because Justin was in Dallas -and didn't bring a camera, hence, no post) and when we picked it up on Saturday we were in for a BIG surprise!

I thought owning an auto shop would have more than a few benefits (especially when you drive an older car). But... we got a bill for $840 for oiling my speedometer cable. When we examined the invoice a little closer, we found it took them 4 hours to pop the hood, 2 hours to oil the cable, we got charged for an hour of Scott (Justin's dad) scratching his butt, and a couple of hours to figure out what was wrong with it. Scott assured me that if and when we produced a grandchild for him, he'd consider the debt paid in full. Needless to say, my car is working fine, and I've even got 4 new tires on it too.

Second... the book store is still on the table. I've pretty much decided that I want to do it, but we have to wait for another deal to close before we can start the funding process. We've started gathering the specifics and detailed financials of the business so we make an offer.

What else... I ended up losing 8 lbs during my week of meal replacement shakes. I gained back 4. But... I'm not snacking at work anymore (or hardly snacking) and I'm having the replacement shakes for lunch 3 or 4 times a week. I'm taking the essential vitamin pack every day (couldn't quite afford the HealthPak that they have). So, I hope to lose a little bit more doing that. I'm still working out 4-5 times a week, spinning twice a week and burning at least 500 calories on the days that I do a shorter cardio workout and strength training. AND... I have BOUGHT my birthday cards. The final list has yet to be completed. Hmmm... Could be worse I suppose.

2 comments: