Sunday, February 10, 2008

A weekend of culture

I would consider Justin and I a bit 'cultured'. We have season tickets to the Utah symphony, saw Les Miserables on our honeymoon, Justin is currently chairing a community theatre board,etc
.

This weekend was no exception.


My cousins Annie and Ross gave Justin tickets to see A Midsummer Nights Dream at byu. I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of Shakespear. I think I 'get it'... but it takes a little bit to kind of get into the language. I've read a few of his works... all of which were forced upon me in high school. (Perhaps that is why I have not sought out a lot of his books). But after an extremely difficult time to actually find the theatre (neither of us are familiar to provo or byu's campus and map quest didn't help us out much) we both really enjoyed the preformance.



Last night Justin and I went to see Draper Historical Theatre's current show... Singin' in the Rain. We've seen all of their shows in the last year, and some are better than others. This was one of the better ones. The 3 main characters were great -the character of Cosmo had AWESOME physical comedy parts. I enjoyed it -even though I thought it was a little long. If any of you are in the area I'd recommend seeing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment