Wednesday, February 13, 2008

When you buy quality, you only cry once

Justin and I saw this sign (the blog title) in Wood Revival -a locally owned, custom-made desk store. That's a motto that I think (to some extent) we have followed, and will continue to follow througout our lives together.
This was true for the last few weeks of (more intense) house hunting. We've looked at hundreds of homes online, spent countless hours driving around neighborhoods, and walked through a couple. Everything in our comfortable price range (isn't it amazing what the bank is willing to give two people with good credit??) and in an area that we want to live, needs work and isn't the greatest workmanship to update anyway. And... being married to someone who accustomed to quality homes... it just wasn't sitting well with us.
So... we've made a decision. Dave (Justin's step-dad) started a new project of luxury townhomes in Midvale. (Only about 5 miles South and a little west of where we live now). So, take a look at this...
Yes... we put earnest money down on a townhome this week that will be completed in a couple of months, end of April or first part of May. I think the two of us go between being really, really excited about a new house and picking paint, and options, and furnture... to feeling scared and overwhelmed about the "M" word. Mortgage.

I haven't felt any regret with the decision we've made, and in fact, most days I find things out that make me feel better. I'm planning on getting in once a week and taking pictures, so I'll be sure to update everyone. They're hanging sheetrock (jiff board to all you kiwi's) for the next 3 weeks, so after that, it'll move quickly!









4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Glad you found something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Midvale is great, I love living here. Also, I think a new townhouse is a fun way to go...I just keep fixing things and changing things in mine. Congrats! You won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. That's exciting. Welcome to Home Ownership. It's full of excitement (as James and I have learned since June.) - haley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's exciting!!! I am sure there is some relief in finding a place you both like! I look forward to seeing the progress!!! :)

    ReplyDelete