Friday, February 8, 2008

Work Woes

My coworker Christi went into great detail explaining the week we've all had. In a nut shell... we have one BIG review of our cases a year... and we just finished it. I've lucked out the last 3 years and have never had a case pulled. Some might say (like my supervisor) I was due. I think I was actually annoyed more than anything. The case was a pretty difficult one (because of some significant safety issues and lack of parental invovlement) but the other professionals (community partners) work great together. So... I could take a step back and say, If it doesn't pass, it's not because of lack of trying, it's just factors that I had no control over. And that was enough for me.

I am often accused of being apathetic, or at least not a stressful person to say the least. That's not entirely true. I have decided that I enjoy appearing that I don't care much. I refer to it is Outward Apathy. (I won't claim that I've made that term up... but I didn't hear it from anywhere else). I don't like wearing my emotions on my sleave because I'm afraid that will give other people power over me. (Can you say 'control freak'??) Does that make me weird? It drives Justin nuts sometimes, although I think he's catching on.

I'm not sure how I went from the review week at work to my little personality traits... but there you have it. People... I actually DO care and I'm affected by my surroundings... but I'm probably keeping it to myself! It will make my eventual nervous break-down more exciting.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I think this is the answer to our little conversation the other day. This is why we get along so well! Because we both keep everything in...its amazing we ever had a conversation lasting more than 5 minutes!

    I'm glad I figured you out quickly (well...more like after two years or so)...but more quickly than some, I can figure. I think it has to do with trust...and having people around you that don't believe you when you say it doesn't bother you. Good job, Justin...you were able to do that after knowing her for like a week!

    ReplyDelete