Friday, June 27, 2008

I really shouldn't... but I am

I've been wanting to post this for weeks now. Justin will be mad, and I promise I don't mean to offend, or even expect anyone to change (especially for me).

But... can I list a 'thing that must go' (a weekly bit on a local radio station)?

Music on blogs.

This has really only started annoying me since I started listening to said radio station through my computer instead of my radio (bad reception in the new office). So... my speakers are on. I'm usually listening to the radio, and I normally open a few blogs at a time to read them.

Unless you are the author... you never actually hear an entire song being played (maybe I just read fast, but I don't ever get through an entire song). I'm glad that these are your favorite songs, and I kind of even like knowing what kind of songs you like that much to actually put them on your blog.

Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones talking (just ask Justin, I've been more 'edgy' lately) but can I please choose what I want to listen to??

Sorry if this offends, but my guess is I'll get at least a couple of comments from those of you out there who might agree.

And if not... I guess I've just alienated myself, and for that I'm sorry.

7 comments:

  1. That's quite the censorship position you have there. I think they have that rule in Guantanamo Bay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not censorship... just tired of 3 different songs coming from my speakers at once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. It's lame. Who would spend 20 minutes selecting songs and figuring out how to put them on their blog just for someone else to listen to? Someone who is really lame with nothing better to do...I'd better go see what my child is getting into.

    p.s. Seeing as how I am one of the few who read my blog (yes, I read my own) I'm leaving my songs on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a total stranger who ran across your site by accident (because of the last name) but have to say I AGREE!

    There is almost nothing worse then sitting there almost minding my own business when suddenly the air is filled with music that is not the music that I had been previously listening too. Blah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was one but I agree now! For the same reason!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed! Especially gag-a-maggot songs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, dude. Really? Bugs you that much? I'm glad to join Bryon as the only two who are willing to tease you about this on your blog comments (and soon to come in person!)...I'm just going to say that I hope your baby never cries during RFH! Or at least I hope you blog about how it bugs you. ;)

    ReplyDelete