Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My last cake for a while

I'm glad that I took the last few cake classes and I don't mind the (literally) hundreds of dollars I've spent on tools and supplies in the last three months... but I'm REALLY glad I'm done. I need a break. If I don't make another cake mix or batch of frosting til the end of the year, I'll be happy!

That being said... here's my last cake.
Two things. First-Wilton really needs to update their style. Roman pillars? Why don't we just put a punch fountain in the middle and call it 1992. And second... frosting flowers? They're just not attractive. I never plan on making a wedding cake, but I promise if I ever did, there would be fresh flowers on it.

Also... we had another doctor's appointment today. Everything is going well, heard the heartbeat, my measurements are right on, and we scheduled our ultrasound for next month.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it does look kinda old fashioned--but I bet it tastes yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well maybe make one more...my birthday was yesterday and I really was counting on a fancy cake made with love from my sis in law ;)

    ReplyDelete