Friday, December 4, 2009

11th Day of Christmas

Remember those huge VCR's that you used to rent from the video stores? The ones with the colored PLAY, STOP, REWIND and FF buttons? (I looked for a photo on the internet and couldn't find one). Well, that's what we used to watch movies on. We'd rent the VCR along with our movies from Video Express.

When I was 6 or 7 we woke up to a HUGE surprise Christmas morning. We (my sister and I) didn't notice the gift when we first went into the living room. I started reading Santa's letter and started screaming when he (Santa) said he hoped we enjoyed watching movies on our new VCR. We were SO excited! I don't think we owned any of our own VHS tapes and we couldn't wait to go and rent some. My dad (or mom -I can't remember) asked if Santa had left us any movies. We looked around and said no. My parents looked confused, and then suggested we look under the couch. Maybe Santa had accidentally kicked a couple of tapes under there.

Sure enough a couple of Disney movies were just under the couch.

How did they know that?

1 comment:

  1. We used to rent our VCR and videos from Top Hat. I think my dad bought us a VCR without my mom knowing and since they were so expensive it was quite an argument. He may have returned that one, but I don't remember. Eventually we got one, anyway.

    Do you remember the BETA tapes?

    ReplyDelete