Sunday, December 20, 2009

The 5th Day of Christmas

I'm not sure why I feel like mentioning this memory, but I can't seem to remember any of the many more memories I am planning on writing down at the moment.

This is a short story about a Christmas moment that wasn't.


Two years ago I got very exciting news. So exciting that I decided to keep it to myself until Christmas morning. I couldn't believe how excited I was, Christmas seemed like forever away. I bought a special gift and wrapped it up as nicely as I could. Then I waited so I could share it with Justin Christmas morning, just the two of us.


I never got to share the gift and exciting news. A few days before Christmas I had a miscarriage. Instead of opening up a delicate newborn sleeper to announce my news, Justin and I had to endure a few moments of hurt and loss. Of wishing and wondering and praying.


Christmas seemed very empty that year.


I am grateful for that experience. I know a small amount of pain and longing that so many of my friends and family have and continue to experience. Our story had a happy ending, and this year we get to share our Christmas morning with the Little Man.


The light of my life, and the person that constantly brings a smile to my face.


1 comment:

  1. He brings a smile to so many people's faces. Did you see how everyone in the room Sunday night had to be around him, he make us all so happy.

    ReplyDelete