Wednesday, December 23, 2009

On the 2nd Day of Christmas...

My Grandma gave to me... Soap!

For most of my childhood I had two cousins. Two sisters, about my age. So, it was Annie, Me, Haley, and Jodi, all within 4 years of each other. For Christmas we would sit on my Grandma's yellow couch and would open our gifts at the same time (when it was our turn). We figured out at some point that we often got the same gift, just different colors and/or sizes.

One year we picked the gift from Grandma and didn't realize that year we had TWO wrapped presents from her. So, we all opened our gift at the same time, my sister and two cousins got watches... and I got soap!

It was a big joke that Melanie must have smelled, been dirty, didn't bathe regularly etc. And that's why Grandma gave me soap. My Grandma was quick to point out that we all got watches AND we all got soap -I just happened to open the wrong package first!

Thanks Grandma!

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember that Christmas. Funny story though....

    I miss grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do. Wasn't it a fancy soap like a body wash or something?

    ReplyDelete