Tuesday, December 1, 2009

12th Day of Christmas

I'm going to try to and write down a few (12, maybe?) memories of Christmas past during this month. No pictures. Boring for most, but I'll do it all the same.

My first 'memory' is more of a story I've been told.

I guess when I was very young (3 or 4) I told a mall Santa what I really wanted for Christmas. I apparently failed to mention this to my parents. My mom finally got out of me that I wanted a toy shopping cart. Remember the yellow and orange Playskool ones? I was sure that it would be there Christmas morning.

So, my dad went to Toys R Us (or some other horrible place to be looking for a last minute gift) on Christmas eve to make sure Santa kept his promise.

2 comments:

  1. True, we were so worried because you would not tell us what you wanted. We had alrady gotten you a doll and doll high-chair, and christmas eve dad went and found the chopping cart

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic idea Melly! I think I will do this for a family home evening and make a book for our family!

    ReplyDelete