Tuesday, December 8, 2009

On the 10th Day of Christmas

Here's one from Christmas Eve.

My family started going to a movie on Christmas Eve sometime ago. In 1997 (how's that for accuracy?) we went to see the new "it" movie -Titanic. It hadn't been out long enough for word to spread on how appropriate it would be for small children.

We managed to get through the awkward moment while in the theatre (you know, the boob-shot) and were talking in the car on the way home. Most of us said we liked the movie and the discussion of that scene came up. My brother, Matt, who would have been 9 years old at the time, said "It was SO obvious they weren't real."

I responded with a "How would you know?", followed by "and by the way, they were real".

I think after that night my parents attempted to go to more family-friendly shows.

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha, that's hilarious! I hate those akward moments in movies :)

    ReplyDelete