Tuesday, November 13, 2007

13 down... 17 to go

Once I put my mind to something, I don't often quit. There are exceptions (working at Target last year, reading all of Stephen King's books -"Misery" was TOO much for me), but I really try to keep my commitments.
This blogging EVERYDAY is tough... and I even make Justin blog every couple of days, so technically I'M not posting every day (but pretty close).

I did a Google search for 'ideas for blogging'... and I found an interesting link entitled, "Reasons to Blog" I wonder if I even have a reason to blog...

1. You have something to say.
Hmmm... I think most days I have something to say. Whether or not other people find it interesting is another thing

2. You're an expert in something. Are you a champion water-skier? Can you wield a crochet needle like nobody's business? Do you know everything there is to know about Andean wild flowers?
No, no, and no. I attempted water-skiing once, I have crocheted the edges of a couple of baby blankets, and know NOTHING about wild flowers. I can't really think of anything I'm an expert in. I like trying new recipes, playing the piano, and watching movies, that's about it.

3. You have a business to promote.
Well... I do Mary Kay, and there is a link on the sidebar, but I think I've mentioned it twice in the last two and a half months. Justin has Business Elements and now Henstrom, but I don't think I'd like use our blog to promote any of them.

4. It's easy. There's never been a better time to blog than now! Most blog templates are user friendly and available at no cost to you.
I agree with that. We tried the html code template for a while... but I think Justin got tired of having to help me do things (and fixing the things I did without him)

5. You can earn money through your blog. Hmmm... I'll have to look into that.

6. Stay in touch. I'm pretty sure this is why we started the blog, and I KNOW that's why my mom started, just in case any of her children (and more importantly, future grandchildren) moved away.

7. You can make a difference.
I'm not so sure about this one. I am surprised when I get comments from people that I don't know personally, but I don't think this is a very high-traffic blog (and that's okay!)



8. Boost your website's page ranking.
Wikipedia's definition is here
Huh? See #7

9. It's a wonderful way to express your creativity.I've never considered myself creative. I have momentary bursts of creativity, but they're really not that impressive or noteworthy. I do have to say a few of my posts, like this one, and this one here, and maybe this one, I still find mildly amusing.

Looks like I don't have too many reasons to be blogging. No wonder I'm having such a hard time being so creative, sharing my knowledge, earning money, and increasing my websites page ranking and making a difference in all of your lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment