Sunday, November 25, 2007

Last post about a cake


Well... cake #4. And, I'd have to say, my best one so far. (I'm going to give it a rest for a while) I made 2 cake mixes, so I think it was as big as it's going to get (I had enough batter left over for a dozen cupcakes too).
We celebrated Justin's birthday with my family tonight (which was the original purpose for buying the pan - I just got a lot of practice in before hand).

Justin and I were still dating last year on his birthday, and I wanted to surprise him. I bought symphony tickets for the weekend before (he was out of town on his actual birthday) and had planned to go to Mikado for dinner. (Mmmm... sushi)

About a week before the night, Justin and I were with my mom at the Boy Scouts Auction and she said something about the upcoming symphony... in front of Justin. I remember hearing it come out of her mouth in slow motion, and realized my secret was out. Oh well... we had a nice time anyways, even if it wasn't a surprise.

3 comments:

  1. I cut it just like a regular cake until we had cut half of it... and then it fell on it's side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Justin! Man, that HUUUGE cupcake looks good, Mel! Is your mom bitter that you aired that little story?

    ReplyDelete