Friday, November 23, 2007

I'm a failure... but here are some pictures

I woke up this morning and realized I didn't post yesterday. I guess technically because I missed November 1st, it wasn't going to be a perfect month, but I was still mad that I forgot to post.
I'll go backwards... We had Thanksgiving dinner (#3 if you're keeping track) at my dad's brother and sister-in-law's house. Here's some pics:

Second... here's pictures of the Giant Cupcake. I know that things never (for me, anyways) turn out how you expect, or what it looks like in the picture... but these are pretty bad.
Here's cake #1
Let me explain. I tried to make a buttercream frosting, which didn't work out, so I used just a regular frosting recipe. And, I thought, maybe if I make it a little thinner, it will go into the cracks and rivets better (since the cake was much smaller than it looked online). Uh... as you can see, that was a bad assumption, because the frosting pretty much just drooped off the cake.
Cake #2... was the next day.
The frosting was better... but I think it looks like a smurf house.
So... with cake #3 I tried the 'less is more' strategy. I think I went a little too 'less'... but it was my best topper, by far. I think on Sunday (cake #4 for Justin's birthday, I might just frost the top. There was a picture of a cake with just the top frosted on the pan packaging, and I really liked it.




1 comment:

  1. Melanie -

    I am a good baker and frosting maker. I can help you with the giant cupcake, if you would like.

    Together, we can succeed.

    ReplyDelete