Sunday, November 4, 2007

Spring Ahead! Fall BACK!

I've been given the solemn duty to blog today by my sweet wife Melanie who gave me some strange explanation of why we have to blog every day. Last week was seemingly slow on individual days, but collectively it passed by in a jiffy (whatever a jiffy is). Many things are afoot, and I am happy to report on one of them.

My dad and his brothers and I are all going to be business partners. While the products and services do not lie in my expertise, the overall business training I have had will give me the upper hand in experience. The company (which will remain nameless until deals are closed and ownership is legal) has a great location in Salt Lake and has established a good name in its industry. Hopefully we can be successful and do everything it takes to continue and improve this organization. Details to follow (hopefully this week).

Yesterday we went to Peyton's birthday party and Dan and Laura's new pad. I liked the place. Peyton just happens to be the most polite birthday boy I've ever seen (even attempting to throw a present in the garbage on command of his father). Each time he opened a present he was instructed to thank the giver, he quickly turned to them and said "Thank you _____" the blank was either the person's name (if it was short enough to remember) or a garbled attempt at multiple names (example, Justin and Melanie turned in to "Melanie and...jusss ". Very cute!

Finally, today was the time change. While normally I think I would feel the impact and be a little more fulfilled in an extra hour of sleep, the last couple days have been so busy that it was a much needed extra hour...in fact an hour right now sounds delightful...

No comments:

Post a Comment