Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Black Friday

I think we may be confusing some people with Justin's 'Happy Wednesday' post and now black Friday -no, you haven't slept in 4 days (Andrea) it's Tuesday... but I just learned what Black Friday is... and I'm going to gloat.

I heard them talking about it on the radio and it was mentioned that it was the day that most retailers are in the 'black', so they start making money for the year. I didn't want to lead any of my readers astray, so I double checked their answer from Wikipedia:

"Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving in the United States, where it is the beginning of the traditional Christmas shopping season. Black Friday was originally so named because of the heavy traffic on that day, although most contemporary uses of the term refer instead to it as the beginning of the period in which retailers are in the black (i.e., turning a profit)."

Look, you learned something today.

Now for the gloating... guess who is half-way through her Christmas shopping? Me! Don't send any hate mail please. I have 28 (plus 15 coworker/neighbor gifts AND 3 birthday gifts) so... technically I have 46 gifts to get and I have... 29 done. Yeah! My goal is by the end of the month to have everyone crossed off my list.

Here's a tip for all of you bloggers and those that would like to buy you gifts... WISH LIST! There's an awesome tool that google has and you can stick it on your profile. Click on your (or mine, if you're shopping for me) profile and add a wish list. It'll make everyone else's Christmas shopping a little easier.

4 comments:

  1. I only have four gifts total left to buy with the goal of Thanksgiving Day as my deadline.

    Beat that! :)

    One of the gifts I have left is for your husband...any suggestions?

    I'm glad to see that I'm not the only hyperorganized get it done person around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not quite sure how to respond to your wish list. Is it code?

    ReplyDelete
  3. k- I just looked at your wishlist...are you pregnant??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie - just make me a homemade card.

    Bryon - IOIOOOIOOIIIIIIOOIOOIOOIOI

    Laura - I'm not

    ReplyDelete