Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thanksgiving number two

Well... two down and one to go (plus one day of left-overs). Tonight's dinner was with Justin's mom and Dave. Good food and good company. I took my camera with every intention of taking pictures (I even took it out of the car, unlike yesterday). But... I didn't. Sorry. Shondel did... so click on over to her blog and maybe you'll catch a few.

Here's another quick story. I went to church early today to practice with a group of women who were singing. One of them asked me if I got the message last night. No... no I didn't, what message was that? Oh, one of the ladies was sick and now I'm singing. Just for any of you who don't know me (at all), but I don't sing. I play the piano. I've been in many choirs over the years, and 99% of the time, I'm playing the piano. There's a reason for that. Although I can read notes and often hit the right ones at the right time, I don't really like singing and don't have a very strong voice. I tried to explain this to the sisters... but it didn't work. I had to sing. Luckily, another lady (who sings very well, and pretty loud) was singing my part as well... so I just sang very quietly.

No comments:

Post a Comment