Saturday, November 20, 2010

Classic

Justin and I often have discussions about what a 'classic' movie is. Personally, I think Justin's term of classic (or even a good or half-way decent movie) is a bit lenient for my standards. I admit that I'm a bit of a movie snob.

My favorite movie is probably still Good Will Hunting. I love it, love the screenplay, the story, etc. I could do without the language, which is why I don't watch it very often any more, but it's still my favorite. Other favorites probably include Love Actually, Crash, Top Gun, Steel Magnolias... I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of right now.

Today I was thinking about personal favorites that most people of never seen, or never given a second thought to. One of them for me is definitely All The Pretty Horses (which I'm watching right now). It might be because I read the book, several times, and loved it. I know it got horrible reviews, but for whatever reason (yes, I know a small part of it is the leading man) I think about it all the time, and think about lines and scenes from it. I have to watch it every once in a while. Other favorites in that line are probably, The Four Feathers, Rounders, The Princess and the Warrior, and an HBO special Reverse the Curse of the Bambino.

I've started and stopped writing this post a dozen times now, which is never good for the reader. I guess I wanted to say I was watching All the Pretty Horses, and I love it. If this was an actual conversation between you and me, I'd ask what weird, embarrassing, or just unheard of movie is YOUR favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment