Monday, November 8, 2010

There's no place like...

Your dentist??

I'm 30 years old, and had an anxious feeling today when I went to the dentist -for the first time that I can remember.

I posted about this before, but our family dentist finally retired. I'm actually a few months late on my 6 month check-up because I just didn't want to go and see a new dentist. Justin finally just made me an appointment with someone he's been seeing for a year.

It was okay. The cleaning didn't even last 5 minutes, and I'm pretty sure she didn't get the 4 furthest back teeth. I didn't do an x-ray because I'm pregnant, and the dentist told me that two of my fillings should be replaced. Actually, he told me they were old, "I mean really old, at least 15 years old." I mentioned they couldn't be more than 9 years old, because my first fillings were in 2001. He acted surprised and said they looked 'really old'.

Whatever.

I've now joined the rest of society. The dentist is just a mildly uncomfortable visit every 6 months.

I miss Dr. Pete.

1 comment:

  1. Our dentist is really good. He's like your Dr. Pete because we've all gone to him forever and most of my mom's family goes there. He's probably not as friendly as Dr. Pete, but is really good.

    ReplyDelete