Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Say it ain't so

This was written on the baby's blog yesterday. I stole it. But, it was mine to steal, so it's okay.


Baby, you've become quite the pain in my butt. Literally.

I looked over your brother's blog hoping I mentioned when this particular problem started, but I wasn't ever very specific. I had sciatic nerve pain around this time (can't remember what week it actually started). It was horrible. Even horrific, at times. It only lasted a 3 or 4 weeks, and let up a week or two before I delivered.

I felt a twinge of the pain yesterday afternoon and almost started crying. I went to my prenatal water aerobics, hoping whatever was happening would just go away with a bit of stretching and exercise. I felt GREAT in the water. The instant I walked out of the pool it was back.

By the time I woke up this morning it was official, I have sciatica. Looks like this may be something I get to enjoy with all of my pregnancies. Any one have any magic tricks? Or new drugs that the current medical profession has no idea about that I can take while pregnant? I'd take just about anything at the moment.

3 comments:

  1. Try sitting on a hot pack for a while. Worked for me, but my pain wasn't too severe. I felt better for a couple days before I had to use the hot pack again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that what you call super sharp pain in your hip and you can't walk? If so, I had that for a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My OB told me my toddler was the cause of my sciatica, and to quit holding/carrying her! I would rather live with the pain then to not hold her.

    ReplyDelete