Sunday, November 14, 2010

Giving Thanks Week 2

Okay... how about 7 more things I'm thankful for.

8- Google Reader. If you don't use it, you should. I read well over 100 blogs, Google Reader has changed my life. That might sound a bit dramatic, but it's sort of true.

9- A working wireless router. It wasn't working for a couple of days, and we thought we needed a new one. Seriously, this lap top is basically a big Free Cell game without the internet. Justin got it working again yesterday.

10- My siblings. I really like that the four of us (and spouses/significant others) have become such good friends.

11- Sushi rolls. Mmmm... I haven't had any since I became pregnant until last night. Justin and I splurged a bit last night and went out with friends to Bonsai. Man, I love rolls with wasabi. I should thank my friend Yvette for introducing me to sushi while we were roommates too.

12-Morning walks with friends. We all enjoyed being able to walk outside all summer, but I'm still grateful for the mall walks. It's nice to get out, talk with understanding friends and let the kids get some energy out.

13-Living close to family. Lots of reasons for this. Last night it was for a willing brother-in-law and to-be sister-in-law who came and watched the Little Man while Justin and I went out. I've realized what a blessing it is to be close to family when you're raising your own. I hope we always stay close.

14-Secure job(s). I know no job is totally safe and secure, especially in the current climate, but Justin is a good employee and seems to be a valued member of his team. I'm sure we could risk it and he could/should be making more money with another company, but his current employer has treated us very fairly, we have amazing insurance, and it's allowed him to be home more while still pursuing other ventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment