Friday, November 12, 2010

Preparations

One of the things on my imaginary list of things to do before the baby gets here (I should really actually MAKE a list... it might actually have a better chance of getting done that way) was to have a freezer full of meals for my family.

Uh... this kid is going to be here in a month (or less) and up until yesterday, I had a total of ... ZERO meals in my freezer. Luckily, my sister wanted to get some freezer meals done as well, and had a day off of work yesterday, so we cooked.

All. Day. Long.



My feet are still swollen.

Actually, by the time we got back from the store in the morning and started, we went for about two and a half hours, took a break (little man and I took a nap, Jodi had lunch with her boyfriend) and finished up, with even the clean up, about two and a half hours after that.

Not too bad. With what I finished off today, I have a minimum of 30 dinners in the freezer. It's only 6 or 7 different items, but I'm hoping to stick a few more things in there over the next few weeks, just doubling up on whatever I make for dinner that night. Soups, enchilada's, sloppy joes, shredded pork, meat loafs, and a few lasagnas.

Justin is pretty excited. He loves food, and loves it even more when it's (nearly) ready to eat and inexpensive. I think at one point, we were browning 12 or 13 pounds of hamburger/ground turkey in a couple of electric skillets and at the same time boiling 4 or 5 pounds of chicken.



All in all, it was a very productive day.

Proof that my kitchen doesn't ALWAYS look like that.

Hopefully the Little Man forgives me for ignoring him most of the day, and allowing him to watch a LOT of tv!

No comments:

Post a Comment