Monday, November 29, 2010

Last week of Thanks

22- Living in an HOA (Home Owner's Association). Particularly an HOA that includes snow removal. That's right folks, we don't even own a snow shovel.

23-Not working in retail. I worked years in retail, while going to college. Which meant I worked long hours around the holidays. My mom and I ran to the mall (we ended up only buying one item that wasn't even on sale) on Black Friday. Once again I was so grateful for not working in retail.

24-My doctor. I've mentioned on more than one occasion that I love my doctor. I've been with her for over 6 years, she's my regular doctor, my OB, and the Little Man's doctor. The clinic is great to work with, I like the MA that works with her, and almost all of the other dr's and PA's I've ever seen there.

25-My deep freezer. I love having extra space for pre-made dinners and the occasional frozen pizza, just in case.

26-DVR. I don't watch a ton of tv shows, but it's so nice to not have to care when they're on. They're on whenever we want to watch them. Plus, it's REALLY nice to have a few episodes of Sesame Street, Super Why, and Thomas the Train on there for the Little Man. Saves us money from actually buying DVD's.

27-Assigned seating at the movie theater. Seriously, this was a GENIUS idea! I love not having to go in early to get a good seat.

28-Laser Eye Surgery. This has to be one of the top 3 things I've ever spent money on. Ever. I've never regretted it for one second.

29-My Christmas Tree. I absolutely love it. It's the perfect size, and I'm actually quite happy with the decorations. I think I'll collect a few more in the next year (I chose ornaments at a year-round Christmas store, and bought a few every month or so during this last year). I also still need a topper, but it really doesn't look bad without anything. The Little Man loves it too, and insists we leave the lights on all of the time. I don't mind, it's pretty.

30-Surprises. I love surprises, and I really don't have many. It's a lot of fun waiting for a surprise, even if you know it's coming. Like, Christmas or birthdays... or maybe finding out the sex of your baby. Yes, I realize it's still a surprise when you find out during an ultrasound... but it's kind of like finding out what you're getting for Christmas in September. Hopefully we find out this next surprise in the next week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment