Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fire

We're a little under the weather at our house today. The Little Man has had a cold, which I think he's passed on to me because I've got a horrible headache and sore throat. Justin said he doesn't feel great either. Last night I almost forgot to post too, so I thought I'd get it done early today.

Problem is... my brain is not functioning (headache + no sleep last night). So, I got on here and found a prompt. Since my in-laws recently had to leave their home due to the threat of a fire, I thought it was an interesting way to look at things.

If your house was on fire, what five things would you be glad to see go up in flames.

Justin and I talked quite a bit that weekend about what we WOULD take if our house was on fire and had an hour to pack up, but not what we'd leave.

1-Our kitchen table. I really liked it when we bought it, and I thought we were getting a nice piece of furniture. The top of our table is so scratched, and we've only had it a couple of years. Who knows what it will look like once we have a couple of kids around.

2- Our DVD player. Our last DVD player quit working (probably had something to do with the Little Man pushing it onto the floor one too many times). I had an old DVD/VCR player that we started using. It works fine, but it's just a bit annoying for a few reasons. Plus, I think it'd be nice to have a Blu Ray player, and they're pretty affordable now. I just don't like spending money on things before I really NEED them, so we'll stick with it for now.

3-Our old laptops. This is for Justin. I think we have 2 or 3 old laptops around. If we got insurance money for them, maybe it would be enough for him to get a iPad. He really, really wants them. It just hasn't been in our budget yet, plus, I think they're a sophisticated 'gameboy' for adults. I don't know many productive uses for them, except to play games you can play on your iPhone, and search the internet, which you can do on a lap top.

4- Our cable box. Don't ever ask me about our cable service, because I can't help but tell you exactly how I feel about them. We don't have a lot of options, due to the fact that our development has a contract with Utopia, so Comcast and Quest didn't lay any of their lines down. We could get a satellite, but it would have to go on the front of our house, which we're not thrilled with either. We don't have a problem with Utopia, but the companies they partner with for cable are HORRIBLE! In the next couple of weeks, we'll have our 3rd company in a little over 2 years (the first two went out of business) start providing service. Let's hope they're better than their predecessors.

5-Although having anything go up in flames would be terribly sad and inconvenient, I wouldn't mind starting over with my entire wardrobe. If we had insurance money for that, I'd love to just purge everything in my closet, and start fresh.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously...I love this post! I have never thought about what I would like to see go up in flames. This post is making me think a little. Of course, having your house burn down would be awful!!! Hope it is just something we will think about and never have to deal with.

    Hope you are doing well with your pregnancy:)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete