Sunday, November 7, 2010

Give Thanks

I have way too many things floating around in my head at the moment, and I don't feel like writing about any of them. But, I still need a post for the day. On facebook a lot of people have been writing something they are thankful for every day. (Ya know, Thanksgiving...). Maybe I'll do a weekly list for this month of excessive posting. (It's excessive for me. Even though I keep up to date on 3 blogs, I still only post maybe 3-7 times a month between all of them).

1. The Little Man. Justin and I are tag-playing church today since he's sick. I had to teach in the first hour, so we're just hanging out at home together now. I'm sure I'll experience that magical experience when baby #2 arrives, and I'll love him/her just as much, but for now, I just feel so lucky to be a mom and to be his mom. The Little Man is so much fun and truly brightens my day every day.

2. Justin. I don't say this often enough (on the blog OR in person), but my husband is one of the most hard working men I know, and has gone to great lengths to allow me to stay at home with our kid(s).

3. Naps. I don't sleep much at night anymore, so these have become even more important. I don't get them everyday, but I lay down more often then not most days. The Little Man has been messing with his naps, (like not taking one a few times this week) but I'm working with him on this. It's just too soon for him to give them up, so hopefully he agrees and with a slight change in the schedule, he'll keep them up for a while longer.

4. Laptops. I'd never get on the computer if it wasn't for my laptop. Some days that might be a good thing, but I really like feeling 'connected' to the outside world, and use the computer to get that. I suppose I like blogs and facebook for the same reason.

5. Playing the piano. I don't really play much for myself anymore, but I've always loved playing, and I enjoy being able to play for other people when they need me to. Plus, it now provides a small income since I teach piano too.

6. Friends. I have great friends I've had forever, and even though we don't see or talk to each other as much as we used to, I think we'll always be friends. I'm also grateful for so many friends that are close by, and in similar situations as me, it gives us a lot to talk about, and kids for the Little Man to play with.

7. My education. I may not be in the work force at the moment, but I'm so glad that I have a degree, and will most likely use it again in the future. Maybe even further my education too.

No comments:

Post a Comment