Friday, November 19, 2010

Nicknames

I'm sure as the month progresses I'll have plenty of my own things to post about (Little Man's birthday, the CAKE for the Little Man's birthday, the Little Man's first and second birthday party, Justin's birthday, etc).

But for now, to keep from only talking about the new baby, the pregnancy (1.5 cm dilated, 50% effaced, head down), and me being sick, I took another prompt from the list.

nicknames you have and why you have them

Most of my nicknames are pretty much shorter versions of my first name, which should explain WHY I have them...

Mel
Melly
Mel Bell (that one was from my dad, not sure how it started)
Hardcase (from my maiden name, and only people from New Zealand ever called me that)
Melody (not so much a nickname, but a kid on my caseload from work called me that for years, but only because he thought it was my name. Until one day, months from me quitting, he just started calling me Melanie.)

And there's one more, which I won't write here. Kathy and Bryon, both of whom don't read this blog, gave it to me and it's even printed on my iPod... but I'd like to avoid any weird people finding me from doing inappropriate google searches.

No comments:

Post a Comment