Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Giving Thanks Week 3

I just realized I missed my list of things I'm thankful for. Probably because I wrote Sunday's post at 4:30 in the morning, and hadn't slept more than an hour at the point. Hard to find things you're thankful for when you're sleep deprived. (Which is getting slightly better, I'm able to fall asleep, and only up for a couple of hours in the middle of night because of this dang cold, which is most likely a sinus infection now).

15-A garage that we can park our cars in. It is SO nice to not scrape windows, need to warm up cars, or even get wet or wind blown when you're coming and going.

16-Cereal. That's all I want to eat right now. I'd have it 3 meals a day if I could. And, I guess I could, but I'm still trying to get protein and other nutrients every day. But, I seriously can't get enough of cereal -any kind.

17-Sleep. I'm not getting enough currently, and that will not get any better in the near future. But, when I'm healthy, I usually have no problems falling and staying asleep. I realize what a blessing that is. Plus, the Little Man is a great sleeper too, which has be wonderful.

18-Grandparents. Last night we had birthday party #2 for the Little Man. He had 5 grandma's, and 4 grandpa's there. We were missing a set from that side, plus 2 sets from my side. Between grandparents, great-grandparents, and great-GREAT grandparents, he has 15. What a blessing!

19-Modern conveniences. I just finished a book for my book club called, "These is my words". It's about a women and her family in the late 1800's -early 1900's. There were a lot of babies born, babies and other people lost, and hardships in the story. It made me so grateful for doctors, hospitals, and medical and other advancements that make my life so much easier to live. Even if I still can't take anything for this cold, I'll survive.

20-My two year old. I think I included him on a previous list, but he's just great! He's so smart and fun and happy that it's just been a lot of fun spending my days with him. I'm afraid that he's about to be severely neglected and have a mom who's tired and has a lack of patience, so I'm trying to be extra fun and attentive for the time being.

21-The Library. I've rediscovered the library with the Little Man. He loves going there and getting books. Plus, I've started reading a lot more library books instead of buying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment